KT Waterfront Construction is known for our Custom Boat Docks. A look through the gallery on our web site shows the wide variety of docks we have built on Lake LBJ over the past 15 years. From small, single slip docks with roof lines that match a custom home to gigantic docks with living quarters over the slips, we have done it all and look forward to each new challenge. With three large construction barges fully equipped with excavators, welding machines, torches etc, a dredging barge equipped to dredge and haul away spoils, install hydraulic lifts and manage demo projects as well as a service boat and commerical dive trailer, KT Waterfront and our sister company, KT Commercial Divers, is ready to help you with your dream waterfront paradise.
KT Waterfront is frequently asked what the current boat dock trends are on Lake LBJ. Below is a brief list of what we are seeing as we build custom boat docks from Kingsland to Horseshoe Bay.
- Larger Boat Docks – As the value of waterfront property on Lake LBJ continues to increase, many look at the boat dock and waterfront area as a vital part of the investment in their home. Because of this and the proliferation of homes used for vacation rentals, KT Waterfront is building lots of docks large enough to accommodate 2 boats, 2 jet skis and ample sun deck space for relaxation. Whether the home owner possesses a ski boat and a pontoon or fishing boat or whether they keep one slip for personal use and allow renters to use the second slip, docks with multiple boat slips are increasingly common.
- Color – There is never a right or wrong decision when it comes to the color selection used on a boat dock. For many years, we’ve seen mostly cooler, neutral colors like tans and greens. In the past few years, we are seeing a lot of darker colors, including black. Most of these darker color selections are new boat docks built in conjunction with a new construction home that features darker roof and trim selections. No matter the color you use, KT Waterfront utilizes professional painters who use a high-grade marine grade paint to ensure your dock is beautiful for years to come.
- Composite Band Boards and Decking – With 50 year warranties, composite materials are very popular on boat docks and in other wet environments. Environmentally friendly, recycled plastic materials do not absorb water, mildew or deteriorate like treated wood will. With this in mind, composite boards, available in a variety of colors, are the perfect material for band board around the perimeter of your dock or as decking material for jet ski lifts or sun decks.
- Hydraulic Lifts – Traditional pipe & cable lifts have been the standard on boat docks for many years. That is changing as boats get bigger and heavier. Many of the boats sold today, particularly wake surf and tri-toon boats, are significantly larger and heavier than most standard pipe and cable lifts or older, wood boat docks can handle creating a potential danger to the user and any bystander should a support beam or cable snap. Enter hydraulic boat lifts that lift these heavier boats from the bottom versus pulling the boat up and supporting it by the dock structure. Hydraulic lifts are virtually maintenance free, do not require regular greasing, eliminate unsightly cables and can support the bigger boats sold today. KT Waterfront and KT Divers have pioneered an underwater cradle system for deep water locations allowing us to install hydraulic lifts no matter the water depth. KT Waterfront is proud to be the Master Distributor for the state of Texas of RGC Hydraulic Boat Lifts, the premier hydraulic lift available on the market today.
- Accessories – Boat docks should be built and accessorized to work well for the home owner. A variety of accessories are commonly installed to ensure maximum enjoyment of your dock including:
- DockToyZ Rollers – RollerZ are installed on the entry corners of your dock and are designed to gently guide your boat into the slip preventing damage to either your boat or dock. DockToyZ RollerZ are available in a variety of colors and offer stress free docking even in windy or wavy conditions.
- Poly Dock Edging – Protect your investment in your dock and boat with poly dock edging. Poly dock edging has a 10” profile and protects the edge and front profile of your dock with a virtually indestructible material. Poly edging will not tear when hit by a boat as typical vinyl edging does nor will it deteriorate.
- DockToyZ StairZ – DockToyZ offers in-water stairs that allow kids and older adults gentle access in and out of the water. Available with a standard 24” tread or a HD 40” tread, the StairZ are the perfect solution for those who struggle on typical vertical ladders. Available in a variety of colors and pet friendly!
- Remote Control of Your Boat or Jet Ski Lifts – The days of standing at your drum switch to raise and lower the boat or jet ski are gone. Most hydraulic lifts are equipped with remote systems that allow you to raise and lower your lift from the convenience of your watercraft. With the large waves in many areas of Lake LBJ, it is nice to be able to raise your lift while you are using your watercraft to prevent any wave damage to the lift while the boat or jet ski is not on the lift.